Practice Area: Company Health
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 04/27/20
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the natural systems that sustain resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches to conservation that empower public and private sector leaders to multiply their impact. We are environmental thought leaders pioneering a new wave of conservation, helping people get the most from their investments in the environment. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor on natural resource programs and policies across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation operating four offices across the U.S. and supporting field staff in multiple countries.
- Western Office (headquarters) – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Eastern Office – Washington, DC
- Mountain Office – Denver, CO
- Southern California Office – San Diego, CA
Environmental Incentives is seeking to hire a Bookkeeper to join our team working in our office in Washington, DC or South Lake Tahoe, CA. The Bookkeeper will work closely with EI’s operations team and will report to EI’s Director of Finance and Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts, posting transactions, and updating accounting system with new employees, customers, jobs and vendors.
- Support month and year close processes.
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Monitor, reconcile and post credit card transactions.
- Monitor and reconcile bank accounts.
- Process and reconcile payroll and ensure accurate allocation of labor to direct and indirect accounts.
- Develop accounting policies and procedures, as needed.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare financial reports and statements by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports, and advising management on needed actions.
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative and inspired professionals who can provide accounting support in a growing company while being flexible enough to fit into a strong culture.
These qualifications are considered the minimum necessary and we expect successful candidates will bring more than the minimum listed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred and 5 years of accounting experience.
- Experience maintaining compliance with Defense Contract Audit Agency and Internal Revenue Service regulations.
- Proven ability to competently learn new platforms for processing payments.
- Professional proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency with Deltek Costpoint.
- Working knowledge of indirect rate structures.
- Experience posting multi-currency transactions.
The position will be based in Washington, D.C. or South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Environmental Incentives also offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage. Salaries depend on qualifications and location. The annual salary range for this position is $44,000 – $58,000.
What Happens Next
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume no later than Sunday, April 12, 2020. On a rolling basis throughout the application period, we will review applications and contact qualified candidates to request additional information. We will invite the top candidates to interview and may also request that they complete a short written or analytical skills assessment.
Environmental Incentives is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission.