Business Development and Marketing Coordinator
Practice Area: International Conservation
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 04/06/21
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the environment that sustains resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches that empower public and private sector leaders to multiply their impact. Our work improves the effectiveness of conservation and development programs worldwide. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor to natural resource and development program managers across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation operating four offices across the U.S. and supporting field staff in multiple countries.
- Western Office (headquarters) – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Eastern Office – Washington, DC
- Mountain Office – Denver, CO
- Southern California Office – San Diego, CA
- Kenya Field Office – Nairobi, Kenya
Environmental Incentives is seeking to hire a Business Development and Marketing Coordinator to join the Business Development and Marketing team working in Washington, DC. The Business Development and Marketing Coordinator is a cross-functional role and will work closely with the team to support the execution of a company-wide business development and marketing strategy and will report to the Portfolio Lead of Business Development and Marketing.
The position plays a key production role across a busy and diverse set of internal and external projects and initiatives. Success in this position includes the ability to multi-task, respond quickly to varied demands and tight deadlines, and complete high-quality work products on time and with an eye to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Development Support (60%)
- Perform research and analysis on donor and market trends and share relevant information with Business Development and Marketing team
- Support the design and writing of expressions of interest, concept papers, and technical proposals in collaboration with the Portfolio Lead of Business Development and Marketing, technical staff, partners and consultants
- Participate in capture and positioning for priority bids and coordinate proposal needs, such as coordinating team to deadlines, reviewing and editing content, and conducting competitive analyses
- Support internal and external meetings by scheduling, preparing meeting materials, taking notes and tracking priorities and next steps
- Help manage internal proposal development processes and resources, such as creating trackers and other tools to increase efficiency
- Support proposal-related recruiting processes, such as scheduling interviews and formatting CVs
Marketing and Communications Support (40%)
- Help maintain EI quality standards through editing, writing, and reviewing marketing materials for internal and external audiences aligned with EI’s domestic and international sectors, services, and project accomplishments
- Manage database of EI capabilities, success stories, and relevant conferences for external engagement
- Conduct quality control reviews of internal and external communications products including copyediting and ensuring compliance with company and client style guides
- Manage internal knowledge management SharePoint, such as reviewing and posting content, and maintaining organization of documents relevant to business development and marketing
- Support EI’s technical staff as they engage in marketing activities, including reviewing and editing materials, and helping to manage production
- As needed, provide backstopping communications surge support to EI’s project teams; this could include copy editing, production process support, formatting, and drafting
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative and inspired professionals who can provide technical support in a growing practice while being flexible enough to fit into a strong culture. We differentiate carefully our minimum qualifications and preferred skills.
- These qualifications are considered the minimum necessary and we expect successful candidates will bring more than the minimum listed.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, journalism, business administration, communications, or another related field, or 4 years of work experience in a directly related function
- Strong capabilities in writing, research, process management, planning and time management, and organization with a problem-solving orientation
- Ability to quickly and efficiently produce high quality written products with outstanding editing skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills, and a passion for helping people—an eagerness to assist others, and flexibility in taking on the work at hand and working independently
- Legally authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions
- At least 2 years of full-time, work experience in business development, marketing, public relations, or similar fields of expertise; experience in international development or US government services preferred
- USAID or other donor experience is a plus
- Website management experience with basic WordPress or other CMS systems
- Experience managing corporate social media platforms
The position will be based in Washington, DC. Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the position will begin remotely. Being present in the office on multiple days per week is an expectation once we reopen offices, which is expected to commence sometime after July of 2021.
Environmental Incentives offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage. Salaries depend on qualifications and location.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
Please submit your application no later than March 12, 2021. On a rolling basis throughout the application period, we will review applications and contact qualified candidates to request additional information. We will invite the top candidates to interview and may also request that they complete a short written or analytical skills assessment.
ENVIRONMENTAL INCENTIVES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment for all employees, where diversity of thought, style, culture and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.