Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting Specialist
Practice Area: International Conservation
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 06/01/21
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the environment that sustains resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches that empower public and private sector leaders to amplify their impact. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor to natural resource and development program managers across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation.
Environmental Incentives is seeking to hire a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and CLA Platform activity in Honduras. This activity will provide USAID/Honduras with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management, communications, and performance management support services. The activity will inform monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout all stages of the Program Cycle, supporting USAID´s focus on adaptive management to increase developmental effectiveness. Additionally, this activity will strengthen USAID/Honduras staff and implementing partner’s systematic application of CLA approaches.
The CLA Specialist will oversee and facilitate CLA and knowledge management activities among USAID/Honduras internal and external stakeholders with an eye to adaptive management and ensuring sustainability of results and outcomes at the strategy, project, and activity levels. Citizens of Honduras are encouraged to apply.
- Support the development and implementation of learning agendas for USAID/Honduras internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate learning activities for USAID staff and partners.
- Integrate and institutionalize CLA best practices as needed.
- Support collaboration among implementing partners and other stakeholders to discuss findings from research studies, evaluations, and assessments, and identify how they can adapt program implementation to improve sustainability of outcomes.
- Identify key messages, develop, and disseminate knowledge and learning products through diverse communication channels.
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative, and inspired professionals who can provide technical support in a growing practice while being flexible enough to fit into a strong culture. These qualifications are considered the minimum necessary and we expect successful candidates will bring more than the minimum listed.
- MS/MA/MBA plus 2 years of work experience with a primary or significant focus on M&E and CLA, or
- BS/BA plus 5 years of relevant work experience with a primary or significant focus on M&E and CLA.
- Practical experience with applying USAID CLA Framework, tools, and approaches.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing knowledge management systems.
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Excellent collaboration, management, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Prior experience working in Honduras strongly preferred.
The position will be based in Honduras and will work primarily out of the project team’s office.
Environmental Incentives also offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage. Salaries depend on qualifications and location.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Please submit your application no later than April 30, 2021. On a rolling basis throughout the application period, we will review applications and contact qualified candidates to request additional information. We will invite the top candidates to interview and may also request that they complete a short written or analytical skills assessment.
ENVIRONMENTAL INCENTIVESIS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment for all employees, where diversity of thought, style, culture, and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.