Communications & Marketing Specialist
Location: Washington, DC; South Lake Tahoe, CA
Practice Area: Company Health
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 09/22/19
Environmental Incentives (EI) is seeking to hire a marketing professional to fulfill the role of Communications and Marketing Specialist. This is a cross-functional role that supports multiple teams and will report to the CEO and senior staff. The Communications and Marketing Specialist is expected to engage technical staff and carry out duties independently with minimal to moderate guidance.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage EI’s annual marketing strategy
- Maintain external website, blog, and social media outlets
- Maintain a consistent brand and messaging for internal and external communications
- Support business development efforts
- Work closely with senior management to develop and implement a marketing strategy that supports EI’s annual strategy.
- Develop compelling messages and marketing materials related to EI’s domestic and international portfolios, service lines, and project accomplishments.
- Manage and write content for the EI website, such as blog posts and webpage content, and ensure that the website reflects EI’s brand.
- Produce content and maintain EI’s social media platforms.
- Provide graphic design support for various client-facing products, proposals, and general outreach materials.
- Support business development efforts for client meetings and contribute to specific aspects of proposals.
- Contribute to quality control review and standard setting for externally facing materials.
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative and inspired professionals who can contribute to a growing company while being flexible enough to fit into a strong culture.
- 3+ years of experience with communications, marketing, public relations, or similar fields of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree or an additional 2 years of relevant work experience in relevant field.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Advanced skills with Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience managing corporate social media platforms.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently produce high quality products.
- Website management experience with WordPress or other CMS systems.
- Excellent coordination skills with demonstrated ability to oversee a project and manage workflow from start to finish across all staff and offices.
- Easily adaptable to new work environments and receptive to a culture of open communication and feedback.
- 5+ years of experience with communications and marketing with environmental topics or for public sector markets.
- B2B marketing or consulting experience.
- Background or interest in environmental conservation, water quality, or international development.
- Experience writing and managing proposals.