Practice Area: Company Health
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 09/15/20
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the environment that sustains resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches that empower public and private sector leaders to multiply their impact. Our work improves the effectiveness of conservation and development programs worldwide. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor to natural resource and development program managers across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation operating four offices across the U.S. and supporting field staff in multiple countries.
- Western Office (headquarters) – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Eastern Office – Washington, DC
- Mountain Office – Denver, CO
- Southern California Office – San Diego, CA
- Kenya Field Office – Nairobi, Kenya
Environmental Incentives seeks to hire a Controller to join our team in Washington, DC. Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Controller is responsible for the management of all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, indirect rates, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, compliance, revenue recognition, timely and accurate financial closings, internal management reporting, and leading financial analyses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages all finance and accounting functions
- Supervises and directs performance of department staff
- Ensures for timely and accurate accounting in accordance with GAAP and Corporate policies, with strong internal controls
- Manages the monthly financial closing process and prepares accurate and timely monthly/quarterly financial reports
- Oversees and manages indirect rates including developing budgets and forecasts
- Serves as the primary interface with external and government auditors and maintains/negotiate forward pricing and indirect rate agreements
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and operational procedures
- Advises on financial analyses and decision-making regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks, and other matters with management
- Initiates and implements continuous improvement
- Coordinates with international field offices
- Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years’ experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field. 5 plus years of progressive leadership experience in Accounting positions.
- Previous experience with accounting software/systems required
- Strong technical and analytical skills with solid financial, general and government cost accounting background
- Ability to work independently, remotely, and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Participate in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work across cultures
- Experience developing policy and operating procedures
- Deltek Costpoint experience preferred
- Experience overseeing and coordinating with international field offices preferred
- CPA or advanced degree a plus
The position will be based in Washington, DC. Alternative location in South Lake Tahoe will be considered.
Criminal Background and Credit check required.
Environmental Incentives offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage.
Environmental Incentives is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please forward resume and cover letter to [email protected]