Practice Area: Company Health
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 09/01/20
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the environment that sustains resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches that empower public and private sector leaders to multiply their impact. Our work improves the effectiveness of conservation and development programs worldwide. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor to natural resource and development program managers across the country and internationally.?Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation operating?four?offices across the U.S. and supporting field staff in multiple countries.?
- Western Office (headquarters) – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Eastern Office – Washington, DC
- Mountain Office – Denver, CO
- Southern California Office – San Diego, CA
- Kenya Field Office – Nairobi, Kenya
Environmental Incentives is seeking a Finance Associate to work from our Washington, D.C., Denver, CO or South Lake Tahoe, CA office. The position is responsible for (1) supporting project financial reporting and financial performance and (2) contributing to development of budgets and cost proposals, primarily in EI’s International practice and less significantly in EI’s Domestic practice.
- Support program managers to develop, implement, and monitor robust finance, accounting, and administrative systems and procedures that comply with EI’s and client rules, regulations, and quality standards.
- Process and file project invoices, including monitoring correct allocation of expenses, approving subcontractor/consultant invoices per EI’s and client rules and regulations, and processing expense reports and travel advances.
- Support project directors and managers to develop budgets, projections, and financial reports, including budget versus actual reports.
- Closely monitor entries into EI’s accounting system to ensure accurate and timely coding of time and expenses.
- Develop and implement materials and trainings to ensure project staff are compliant with EI’s and client financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Working with Contracts Specialist, Finance Associates, and project staff, support rate approval process and development of subcontracts and consulting agreements.
- Assist with client financial reporting requirements, including quarterly financial reports, quarterly accruals reports, and other ad hoc reports as requested by the client.
- Assist with procurement of workshop and meeting materials, venues, and travel in accordance with contractual and company policies.
- Manage clean records and files related to project financial and accounting data.
- Develop and maintain budget and financial management tools, visualizations, and dashboards, and carry out financial analyses to support management decisions.
- Support development of cost proposals, including acting as cost preparer, reviewing subcontractor proposal and pricing justifications, building EI cost estimates, etc.
- Support audits, including maintaining compliance with applicable regulations throughout project implementation, responding to auditor questions, and providing materials to auditors.
- Support monthly credit card expense reconciliation and accounts payable process.
- Support day-to-day financial operations with adherence to deadlines, ensuring timely and accurate outputs.
- Develop deliverable tracking and project monitoring tools to meet project needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned and related to the position.
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative, and inspired professionals who can provide technical support in a growing practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or another relevant field plus 5+ years of relevant experience or degree in unrelated field with 7+ years of relevant experience. Master’s degree can substitute 2 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret financial reports, perform financial analyses, manage finances, uphold financial policies and procedures, and effectively communicate financial information to non-financial staff.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Outstanding level of organization with ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities.
- Advanced user with Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with cost and pricing principles and ability to research, apply, and communicate policies and regulations.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. with no restrictions
- Working knowledge of GSA schedule requirements, Federal Acquisition Regulation, Defense Contract Audit Agency requirements, and U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Acquisition Regulation.
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint.
- Experience working for a professional services firm that contracts with USAID.
- Professional proficiency in Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with colleagues across various locations.
- Easily adaptable to new work environments and receptive to a culture of open communication and feedback.
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Alignment with core principles of Environmental Incentives.
The position will be based in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; or South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Environmental Incentives also offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage. The annual salary range for this position is $63,500 – $77,500.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
Please submit your application no later than Wednesday, July 15, 2020. On a rolling basis throughout the application period, we will review applications and contact qualified candidates to request additional information. We will invite the top candidates to interview by video conference and may also request that they complete a pre-employment skills exercise.
ENVIRONMENTAL INCENTIVES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment for all employees, where diversity of thought, style, culture, and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.