Human Resources Director
Practice Area: Company Health
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 01/26/21
ODA GLOBAL RECRUITING FOR A DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES FOR ENVIRONMENTAL INCENTIVES.
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the environment that sustains resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches that empower public and private sector leaders to multiply their impact. Our work improves the effectiveness of conservation and development programs worldwide. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor to natural resource and development program managers across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation operating four offices across the U.S. and supporting field staff in multiple countries.
- Western Office (headquarters) – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Eastern Office – Washington, DC
- Mountain Office – Denver, CO
- Southern California Office – San Diego, CA
- Kenya Field Office – Nairobi, Kenya
The Human Resources Director will play a meaningful role in executing EI’s strategic vision for building and managing its human resources and administrative systems and practices. Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Human Resources will lead the development, delivery, and coordination of human resource and administrative services domestically and internationally. The Director of Human Resources will be a crucial member of the corporate senior leadership. The Director’s responsibilities will include:
- Manage a full-cycle talent acquisition process, to include anticipating openings, determining skills and competencies, and utilizing assessment tools; sourcing, screening, conducting structured interviews; background checks and driving employee selection.
- Implement, refine and improve comprehensive new hire onboarding program.
- Evaluate, define, and implement Human Resources training and development programs to managers, team leads, and employees.
- Establish wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversee the variable pay systems within the company, including bonuses, promotions, and raises.
- Assist the implementation and maintenance of an ATS and HRIS that meets the need of both international and domestic recruitment and records management needs.
- Determine and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Develop and revise HR policies and provide guidance and interpretation for both domestic and international employees, tailoring for requirements based on office location.
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance improvement plans and employee and career development programs.
- Design and develop a separation process and ensure compliance with all state federal and international separation requirements
- Ensure local and international compliance requirements, including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Worker compensation, Affirmative Action, Office of Federal Contracts Compliance Programs (OFCCP), and so forth
- Oversee administrative functions, including equipment inventory tracking, content management systems, business licenses and insurance, and dissemination of administrative resources and guidance.
- Serve as direct manager for at least 3 full-time direct reports and oversee work and budget of at human resources consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years or equivalent combination of education and experience in Human Resources, Organization Development, or related field. 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions. (Masters degree preferred)
- Ability to develop and implement the full range of HR policies, programs, systems, and practices, including compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance management, talent management, and recruitment, etc.
- Proven record of success in developing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders, including company leadership, managers, and employees.
- Ability to work collaboratively with company leadership to implement strategic development of the company’s HR department.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to HR management in a government contracting environment.
- Prior success in creating strong and effective international HR practices and services that are responsive to organizational needs and priorities.
- Solid working knowledge of best practices in all global HR functions, including domestic and international recruitment, onboarding, benefits, compensation, employee relations, learning, and development.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with HR information management systems, including ATS.
- SHRM-CP, PHR, or other related human resources certification.
- Experience with USAID preferred human resources practices and systems
- Experience working in a business growing out of small business status into medium-sized business
- Professional proficiency in Spanish.
- Experience recruiting staff and consultants in the environment, natural resources, and international development sectors, both domestically and internationally
Criminal Background check required.
Environmental Incentives offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage. The annual salary range for this position is up to $150,000 commensurate with experience.
Environmental Incentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter to to [email protected].