Human Resources Generalist
Practice Area: Company Health
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 04/06/21
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the environment that sustains resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches that empower public and private sector leaders to multiply their impact. Our work improves the effectiveness of conservation and development programs worldwide. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor to natural resource and development program managers across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation operating four offices across the U.S. and supporting field staff in multiple countries.
- Western Office (headquarters) – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Eastern Office – Washington, DC
- Mountain Office – Denver, CO
- Southern California Office – San Diego, CA
- Kenya Field Office – Nairobi, Kenya
Environmental Incentives seeks to hire a Human Resources Generalist to join our team in Washington, DC. The Human Resources Generalist will play a meaningful role in executing EI’s strategic vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Director of HR, the HR Generalist is responsible for the daily administration of benefits, compensation, and leave; onboarding and offboarding; corrective action; performance and talent management; reward and recognition; occupational health and safety; training and development; and HRIS. Duties include:
- Manage benefits enrollment, termination, and change process, upload deductions to the payroll file.
- Administer Family Medical Leave (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA), Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL), DC FMLA, DC Paid Family Leave, and Families First Coronavirus Response Act and other related leave requests, determine eligibility, prepare correspondence, monitor usage, and complete employee disability forms for processing.
- Work closely with the Leadership, HR, and Payroll teams to support the implementation and maintenance of the HRIS structure and ongoing improvement of processes.
- Ensure that the leadership team is fully informed of risks, issues, challenges, and provide solutions.
- Assist end-users with access issues, application errors, and data problems. Perform research & testing for fixes to resolve issues quickly.
- Work with the HR and accounting teams to ensure error-free payroll.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, liaising complex and/or sensitive matters with appropriate staff and consultants to develop a satisfactory response.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Support development and ensure consistent application of company policies, inclusive of overarching company policies and policies specific to workplace location.
- Facilitate execution of the performance management system for all staff, ensuring timely performance plans and reviews, providing guidance and resources to staff as needed, and liaising with appropriate staff to execute compensation adjustments and promotions.
- Manage employee termination processes, including COBRA matters, exit interviews, and separation agreements, as required.
- Manage employee recognition programs.
- Establish standard operating procedures and ensure functional documentation and dissemination to staff.
- Develop and provide training to end-users.
- Automate the recruitment, onboarding, merit and bonus incentive and separation programs.
- Assist with updates to the ATS to streamline and automate the recruitment process.
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative, and inspired professionals who can provide technical support in a growing practice while being flexible enough to add their unique perspectives to a strong culture. We differentiate our minimum qualifications and preferred skills carefully.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of equivalent combination of education and experience in Human Resources, Organization Development, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience to take initiative and work independently, with guidance from manager, in an HR generalist or business partner capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle benefits administration, including leave administration for a multi-site employer.
- Working knowledge of payroll processing
- General knowledge of best practices in global HR functions, including international recruitment, onboarding, benefits, compensation, employee relations, learning, and development.
- Experience with HRIS and ATS
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations in computing rates, premiums, and adjustments.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- General knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to HR management in a government contracting environment.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion with highly confidential information.
- Ability to organize own work and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail with accuracy.
- Experience in government contracting environment (USAID preferred)
- Proven record of success in developing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- SHRM-CP, PHR, or other related human resources certification.
- Professional proficiency in Spanish.
- Professional certification in HR
Criminal Background check required.
The position will be based in Washington, DC. Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the position will begin remotely.
Environmental Incentives offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage. Salaries depend on qualifications and location. The annual salary range for this position is $58,000 to $70,000, commensurate with experience.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
Please submit your application no later than Monday March 15, 2021. We will review applications and contact qualified candidates to request additional information on a rolling basis throughout the application period. We will invite the top candidates to interview and may also request that they complete a short written or analytical skills assessment.
ENVIRONMENTAL INCENTIVES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment for all employees, where diversity of thought, style, culture, and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential and our business goals and mission. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.