Human Resources Manager
Practice Area: Company Health
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 07/13/20
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the environment that sustains resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches that empower public and private sector leaders to multiply their impact. Our work improves the effectiveness of conservation and development programs worldwide. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor to natural resource and development program managers across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation operating four offices across the U.S. and supporting field staff in multiple countries.
- Western Office (headquarters) – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Eastern Office – Washington, DC
- Mountain Office – Denver, CO
- Southern California Office – San Diego, CA
- Kenya Field Office – Nairobi, Kenya
Environmental Incentives seeks to hire a Human Resources Manager to join our team in Washington, DC. The Human Resources Manager will play a meaningful role in executing EI’s strategic vision for building and managing its human resources systems and practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee recruitment of staff and consultants by working with EI’s leadership team and senior managers to understand and implement recruitment priorities, and engaging HR staff and hiring managers to ensure timely hires.
- Enhance the organization’s human resources capabilities by implementing various policies, programs, and practices that build staff competencies and reinforce our culture.
- Ensure timely and consistent delivery of EI’s onboarding program, essential to establishing new staff as high performing team members.
- Lead company culture efforts, including further instilling principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion into the company’s day-to-day operations.
- Develop and implement training curriculum and materials to support managers.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Develop standard operating procedures, process maps, and other guidance resources for HR functions and processes.
- Establish and manage core HR software systems, including an applicant tracking system, human resource information system, and benefits administration system.
- Oversee and enhance EI’s performance management and corrective action processes.
- Administer compensation structures and lead staff development, advancement, and retention initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Ensure error-free payroll runs and benefits administration.
- Act as primary manager to at least one staff member, our HR Associate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative, and inspired professionals who can provide technical, administrative, and operational support in a growing practice while being flexible enough to fit into a strong culture. We carefully differentiate our minimum and preferred qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field and 7+ years’ experience in human resources, or degree in unrelated field with 9+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience designing, assessing, and deploying talent campaigns and initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with and engage staff and senior leadership.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills sufficient to align budgets with staffing and compensation plans.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and various human resource software applications.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions.
- Master’s in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or similar field.
- SHRM-CP, PHR, or other related human resources certification.
- Experience recruiting staff and consultants in the environment, natural resources, and international development sectors, both within the United States and in foreign countries.
- Experience building diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts into company culture and practices.
- Experience and familiarity with USAID or similar US Government organization.
- Professional proficiency in Spanish.
The position will be based in Washington, DC.
Environmental Incentives offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage. Salaries depend on qualifications and location. The annual salary range for this position is $85,000 to $98,500.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
On a rolling basis throughout the application period, we will review applications and contact qualified candidates to request additional information. We will invite the top candidates to interview by video conference and may also request that they complete a pre-employment skills exercise.
ENVIRONMENTAL INCENTIVES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment for all employees, where diversity of thought, style, culture and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.