Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Practice Area: International Conservation
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 06/01/21
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the environment that sustains resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches that empower public and private sector leaders to amplify their impact. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor to natural resource and development program managers across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation.
Environmental Incentives is seeking to hire a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded MEL Platform activity in Barbados. The M&E Specialist will support a range of activities related to performance monitoring, evaluations, assessments, and other analytical activities. The position is full-time, based in Barbados, and contingent on funding. Citizens of Barbados are encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical assistance to Mission technical teams and implementing partners in the development, review, or revision of their MEL frameworks.
- Conduct or support data quality assessments.
- Provide technical support to the design of data collection instruments.
- Support the collection, cleaning, coding, and analyzing of data for evaluations, assessments, and other analytical activities.
- Collaborate with other project staff to package M&E findings for use in learning events; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative, and inspired professionals who can provide technical support in a growing practice while being flexible enough to fit into a strong culture. These qualifications are considered the minimum necessary and we expect successful candidates will bring more than the minimum listed.
- Candidates must meet one of the following combinations of relevant professional experience and education:
- MS/MA/MBA plus 2 years of work experience with a primary or significant focus on M&E, or
- BS/BA plus 5 years of relevant work experience with a primary or significant focus on M&E.
- Professional experience working on issues related to climate change, climate science and analysis, or natural resource management.
- Professional experience in at least one of the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, or Suriname; and
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID ADS 201.
- Experience working for USAID or on a USAID-funded award; and
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative analytical software packages.
The position will be based in Barbados and will work primarily out of the project team’s office.
Environmental Incentives also offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage. Salaries depend on qualifications and location.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Please submit your application no later than April 30, 2021. On a rolling basis throughout the application period, we will review applications and contact qualified candidates to request additional information. We will invite the top candidates to interview and may also request that they complete a short written or analytical skills assessment.
ENVIRONMENTAL INCENTIVESAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment for all employees, where diversity of thought, style, culture, and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.