Practice Area: Company Health
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 04/13/20
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the natural systems that sustain resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches to conservation that empower public and private sector leaders to multiply their impact. We are environmental thought leaders?pioneering a new wave of conservation, helping people get the most from their investments in the environment. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor on natural resource programs and policies across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation operating four offices across the U.S. and supporting field staff in multiple countries.
- Western Office (headquarters) – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Eastern Office – Washington, DC
- Mountain Office – Denver, CO
- Southern California Office – San Diego, CA
Environmental Incentives is seeking to hire an Office Manager to join our International team. The position is based at our office in Washington, DC and starts immediately. The primary responsibilities of the Office Manager include all necessary general administrative duties for a growing small business in an office staffed by approximately 30 people, including office management, provide logistical and communications support.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative and inspired professionals who can contribute to a growing company while being flexible enough to fit into a strong culture.
- Front-office reception, including being a friendly face for visiting clients and partners and answering DC office company phone.
- Facilities management, including coordination with building manager and other service vendors to solve office-related issues.
- Maintain and troubleshoot office systems, including printers, teleconference equipment, internet, phones, and other office-related systems.
- Provide office procurement support, including management of office inventory, ordering supplies, and keeping office inventory and supplies organized.
- Maintain and update administrative procedural guidelines.
- Provide administrative support to DC-based projects such as preparing expense reports, processing payment requests, filing/copying/shipping documents.
- Provide support to onboarding new employees as needed.
- When necessary, liaise with Office Managers in EI’s other US and overseas offices
- Legally authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions.
Meeting and Event Support and Coordination
- Manage logistics of client and internal meetings: prepare and manage event invitations and agendas, manage refreshments and room logistics, take notes, follow up as needed. This may include short meetings at EI’s offices or multi-day offsite meetings.
- Plan and coordinate team-building events for DC-based staff.
- Manage internal meeting room booking system and book external meeting spaces when required
- Order meeting and event supplies.
- Manage use of audio-visual and teleconferencing equipment for client meetings.
- 1-2 years working in an office environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Highly organized with a problem-solving orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Exceptional customer service skills, and a passion for helping people—an eagerness to assist others, and flexibility in taking on the work at hand.
The position will be based in Washington, DC.
Environmental Incentives also offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage. Salaries depend on qualifications and location. The salary range for this position is $43,000 – $56,000
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume no later than Thursday, April 2, 2020. Candidates will be reviewed as applications are received and the position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is identified.
What happens next?
While resumes and cover letters allow us to screen for certain characteristics, they don’t always let us know who you are and the qualities and skills you possess. Therefore, after you apply and if we think you align with Environmental Incentives’ principles we will ask you to complete writing and spreadsheet exercises to allow you to better showcase your clarity of thought, verbal and written communication, and ability to create new and innovative ideas. Then we will welcome qualified candidates to interview with the Environmental Incentives team.
ENVIRONMENTAL INCENTIVES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and skill and is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission.