Talent Acquisition Specialist
Practice Area: Company Health
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 05/04/21
Environmental Incentives' mission is to enhance the environment that sustains resilient and healthy communities. We design performance-driven approaches that empower public and private sector leaders to multiply their impact. Our work improves the effectiveness of conservation and development programs worldwide. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor to natural resource and development program managers across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation operating four offices across the US and supporting field staff in multiple countries.
- Western Office (headquarters) – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Eastern Office – Washington, DC
- Mountain Office – Denver, CO
- Southern California Office – San Diego, CA
- Kenya Field Office – Nairobi, Kenya
Environmental Incentives seeks to hire a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our team in Washington, DC. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will implement Environmental Incentives' recruiting and staffing strategy to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the company. The Talent Acquisition Specialist works closely with business leaders to develop integrated talent solutions that balance the achievement of business goals with team member recruitment and development. The ideal candidate will serve as a key thought partner to the Human Resources Director in strategic and operational decisions primarily across recruiting and hiring functions, and secondarily, training and development functions. The ideal candidate will also be a role model, mentor, and collaborator for all members of the HR team, balance hands-on work, and focus on the US and international recruitment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate on talent management and talent acquisition projects associated with attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse global workforce.
- Act as a talent advisor with key stakeholders to identify innovative recruitment strategies.
- Manage day-to-day implementation of EI's recruitment process, from conceptualization through completion of the onboarding program.
- Oversee the creation and management of requisitions, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing qualified candidates.
- Screen and vet candidates to include salary negotiations serving as subject matter expert and point of contact.
- Build and maintain talent pipelines specific to the forward market and organizational goals.
- Actively recruit qualified professionals through many different sources, including referrals, passive recruiting, job boards, campus events, Internet mining, and networking events.
- Perform day-to-day recruitment support activities utilizing applicant tracking system, OFCCP rules and regulations, and EI operating policies and procedures.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws and regulations.
- Check candidates' references and credentials, verifying experience and backgrounds.
- Develop unique training programs to fulfill employees specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
- Develop collaborative partnership with department leadership and HR support teams.
- Conduct regular analysis of the organization’s staffing needs, and feedback received from employee off-boarding, in relation to its strategic objectives; use data to identify external training opportunities and/or develop and conduct presentations and training to improve skills, create competencies, and build knowledge of the staff.
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative, and inspired professionals who can provide technical support in a growing practice while being flexible enough to add their unique perspectives to a strong culture. We differentiate our minimum qualifications and preferred skills carefully.
- These qualifications are considered the minimum necessary, and we expect successful candidates will bring more than the minimum listed.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field and five years of recruitment, human resources, or related experience.
- Full lifecycle recruiting experience (federal or USAID program support preferred)
- Knowledge of FAR, SCA, Davis Bacon, OFCCP, EEO, ADA, and other general and government contracting employment laws.
- Experience with setup, maintenance, and day-to-day use of Applicant Tracking Systems (Greenhouse experience preferred)
- Experience developing job descriptions and reviewing requisition requests before posting.
- Experience developing Boolean strings and conducting efficient resume sourcing.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for domestic recruitment and international recruitment for ex-pats and local in-country staff within various roles.
- Ability to manage workload and adhere to a prioritized schedule to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics
- Strong behavioral and competency-based interviewing experience
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Legally authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions.
- Knowledge of USAID and its operations
- SHRM-CP; SHRM-SCP; or SHRM's Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential
- Global recruitment experience, familiarity working in a multi-national and multi-lingual environment.
- Professional proficiency in Spanish
- Criminal background check required.
The position will be based in Washington, DC. Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the position will begin remotely.
Environmental Incentives also offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities, and health coverage. Salaries depend on qualifications and location. The annual salary range for this position is $71,000 to $90,000, commensurate with experience.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Please submit your application no later than Sunday, May 2, 2021. We will review applications and contact qualified candidates to request additional information on a rolling basis throughout the application period. We will invite the top candidates to interview and may also request that they complete a short written or analytical skills assessment.
ENVIRONMENTAL INCENTIVES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment for all employees, where diversity of thought, style, culture, and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential and our business goals and mission. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.